It is Lymm RFC’s pleasure to announce that the partnership with AFYA Sports will be continuing into the 2018/19 season.
AFYA have been challenged with providing a development program for both our players and most notably for all of our coaches at Lymm RFC.
The following interactive sessions have been arranged for the coming season:
COACHES DAY – September 8th 2018 10:30am – 1:30pm
ALL MINI / JUNIOR COACHES UNDER 7 – UNDER 12
• COACHING VIA GAMES AND INTRODUCING THE SKILL ZONE
• COACHING CONTACT VIA GAMES
• HOW TO COACH THE BASICS AND DEVELOP DECISION MAKERS
• SESSION PLANNING
All JUNIOR COACHES
• COACHING VIA GAMES AND USING QUESTIONING
• DECISION MAKING AROUND CONTACT
• ROLES AROUND THE TACKLE AND BREAKDOWN
• DEVEOPING CONTACT THROUGH GAMES
• DEVELOPING DEFENCE THROUGH GAMES
• DEVELOPING DECISION MAKING
• DEBRIEF AND BUFFET
COACH EDUCATION SESSIONS with Specialist Coaches
• TUESDAY 4th September 2018 6.00 – 8.00PM
UNDER 7 – UNDER 12 COACHES BUILDING / PLANNING A SESSION / GAMES FOR UNDERSTANDING
• TUESDAY 2nd October 2018 6.00 – 8.00PM
ATTACKING LINES DEVELOPING DECISION MAKING / TEAM PREP and WARM UPS
• TUESDAY 6th November 2018 6.00 – 7.30PM
WORKING ON THE BREAKDOWN AREA ATTACK AND DEFENCE
• TUESDAY 4th December 2018 6.00 – 7.30PM
DEFENCE STRUCTURES HOW, WHY AND WHEN
• TUESDAY 5th February 2019 6.00 – 7.30PM
LINEOUT ATTACK / DEFENCE
• TUESDAY 5th March 2019 6.00 – 7.30PM
INDIVIDUAL TACKLE TECHNIQUES / SCRUM
The AFYA leadership team is made up of experienced coaches, trainers and teachers who have a background in a variety of sports including Rugby Union, Netball, Tennis, Athletics, Swimming, Golf and Cricket. Other disciplines include Combat training, Judo and Taekwondo plus Fencing, Golf, Climbing and Bushcraft.
The AFYA team consists of internationally recognised coaches and sports educators from around the world, stretching as far as Australia and New Zealand.
We have incorporated multiple skills and sports programmes into an approach to educating and training young children and athletes in order to provide holistic, enjoyable and demanding courses.
The courses we run have been specially designed to incorporate insights that have generated some of the best teams and athletes across the world.